Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Ina-Yoko Teutenberg (HTC-Highroad) and Ricky Escuela (Full Circle Sports) won stage three of the Merco Credit Union Cycling Classic on Saturday.
Teutenberg out-sped Coryn Rivera (Peanut Butter & Co. Twenty12) and Maria Schnider Pascale (Red Racing) to win the Downtown Grand Prix in 1:15:51.
Alison Starnes (Peanut Butter & Co.), who took the overall lead after the stage-two individual time trial, tops the overall standings by 1:38 over teammate Kristin McGrath with Pascale third at 1:41.
In men’s racing, Escuela took the flowers ahead of Bissell teammates Kyle Wamsley and Patrick Bevin.
Bissell maintains its stranglehold on GC with six riders in the top 10 and a sweep of the overall podium so far — Benjamin Jacques-Maynes leads teammates Jay Thomson and Robert Britton by 10 and 18 seconds, respectively.
The stage race wraps on Sunday with the Almond Blossom Road Race, run on a rolling 24-mile loop.
- 1. Ina-Yoko Teutenberg, Team HTC-Highroad, 1:15:51
- 2. Coryn Rivera, Peanut Butter & Co. Twenty12, same time
- 3. Maria Schnider Pascale, Red Racing, at 0:01
- 4. Liza Rachetto, Primal-Map My Ride, s.t.
- 5. Lauren Tamayo, Peanut Butter & Co. Twenty12, s.t.
- 1. Alison Starnes, Peanut Butter & Co. Twenty12, 4.28:04
- 2. Maria Schnider Pascale, Red Racing, at 1:36
- 3. Kristin McGrath, Peanut Butter & Co. Twenty12, at 1:38
- 4. Molly Van Houweling, Metromint Cycling, at 2:18
- 5. Amanda Miller, Team HTC-Highroad, at 2:19