Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Throughout 2018, we have been riding Mavic’s Crossmax Elite Carbon wheels. For the Oz Trails Off-Road, the final round of the Epic Rides Series, Mavic wanted to set us up with something special: its top of the line Crossmax Pro Carbon wheels.
As is the case with the Elite Carbon wheels, the Pro Carbon wheels were designed with Mavic’s finite element simulation software to tune the carbon fiber layup in the rims.
With the Pro wheels, it has shaved weight to get the entire 29er wheelset down to 1,510 grams.
Mavic Crossmax Pro Carbon features:
– 27.5″ weight (pair): 1,450g
– 29″ weight (pair): 1,510g
– Full carbon tubeless rim with hookless bead, 26mm inner width front, 23mm inner width rear
– 24-spoke, two-cross lacing front and rear
– Instant Drive 360 freehub with the option for 11-speed or XD driver
– Alloy axles front and rear
– Compatible with standard axle spacing (15 x 100m/12 x 142mm) or Boost (15 x 110mm/12 x 148mm) with QR adapters available on non-Boost wheels.