Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Recently crowned national champions Clara Honsinger (EF Education-TIBCO-SVB) and Curtis White (Steve Tilford Foundation) headline the group of athletes. At the elite level, they’re joined by national championship runner-up and Pan American Continental Champion Raylyn Nuss (Steve Tilford Foundation).
Elite Men’s Pan American Champion Eric Brunner (Blue-Stages Racing) was selected to the team but declined his nomination.
“USA Cycling has a strong team heading to Hoogerheide in a few weeks,” said USA Cycling’s mountain bike and cyclocross director, Jesse Anthony. The team just finished three weeks of racing in Belgium where they experienced European racing and sharpened their skills ahead of the World Championships.
“The development team, support by the MudFund, had two podiums in the junior races and are well-prepared for the lead into the World Championships including the final World Cup in France before we head to Hoogerheide.”
The additional 13 spots are filled out by athletes at the U23 and Junior levels.
- Jack Spranger (Bear National Team)
- Andrew Strohmeyer (CX Hairs Devo)
- Lizzy Gunsalus (Steve Tilford Foundation Racing)
- Madigan Munro (Trek Factory Racing)
- Andrew August (FinKraft Junior Cycling Team)
- Daniel English (Bear National Team)
- Miles Mattern (CX Hairs Devo)
- Ben Stokes (FinKraft Junior Cycling Team)
- David Thompson (FinKraft Junior Cycling Team)
- Magnus White (Boulder Junior Cycling)
- Vida Lopez de San Roman (Bear National Team)
- Kaya Musgrave (Bear National Team)
- Samantha Scott (CompEdge Racing)