Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Bausch wins women's sprint
By VeloNews Interactive
Health Net-Maxxis teammates Gord Fraser and Scott Moninger went one-two on Friday during the Teleperformance Tour of the Gila’s Inner Loop Road Race.
Michael Dietrich (KodakGallery.com-Sierra Nevada) took third with race leader Chris Baldwin (Toyota-United) fourth. The top four were all given the same time, and Baldwin retained his grip on the overall.
Dotsie Bausch (Colavita-Cooking Light) outsprinted Rachel Heal (Victory Brewing) and Laura Van Gilder (Team Lipton) to win the women’s race. GC remained unchanged, with Team Lipton’s Kristin Armstrong leading Anne Samplonius (Team Biovail) by 57 seconds and Erinne Willock (Webcor) by 1:14.
Stage 3 was run on a 73-mile loop, beginning and ending at Ft. Bayard, with 5150 feet.of climbing. Saturday’s Stage 4, the Downtown Silver City Criterium, will take place on a 1.08-mile closed course with four 90-degree corners and 60 feet of climbing per lap. Men race 40 laps, women 25.
Teleperformance Tour of the Gila
Stage 3: Inner Loop Road Race
1. Gord Fraser, Health Net-Maxxis, 73mi in 3:22:06
2. Scott Moninger, Health Net-Maxxis, same time
3. Michael Dietrich, KodakGallery.com-Sierra Nevada, s.t.
4. Chris Baldwin, Toyota-United, s.t.
5. Jon Tarkington, Vitamin Cottage, at 0:05
1. Dotsie Bausch, Colavita-Cooking Light, 73mi in 3:57:21
2. Rachel Heal, Victory Brewing, same time
3. Laura Van Gilder, Team Lipton, s.t.
4. Anne Samplonius, Team Biovail, s.t.
5. Willock, Erinne Webcor, s.t.
1. Chris Baldwin, Toyota-United, 7:47:02
2. Scott Moninger, Health Net-Maxxis, at 0:22
3. Burke Swindlehurst, Navigators, at 1:42
4. Scott Nydam, Rio Grande-Sports Garage, at 2:46
5. James Mattis, California Giant, at 3:10
1. Kristin Armstrong, Team Lipton, 8:18:08
2. Anne Samplonius, Team Biovail, at 0:57
3. Erinne Willock, Webcor, at 1:14
4. Dotsie Bausch, Colavita-Cooking Light, at 3:20
5. Rachel Heal, Victory Brewing, at 3:28