Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
WARSAW (AFP) – Ireland’s Daniel Martin of the Garmin-Carvelo team took the overall Tour of Poland race lead after winning Friday’s 208km sixth stage around Bukowina Tatrzanska.
Martin, who won the Poland overall title last year, finished one second ahead of Dutch rider Wouter Poels (Vacansoleil) with Italy’s Marco Marcato (also Vacansoleil) crossing third four seconds off the pace.
The race concludes Saturday with a 128km circuit race in Kraków.
- 1. Daniel MARTIN, (IRL) Garmin-Cervelo, in 5:41:05
- 2. Wouter POELS, (NED) Vacansoleil-Dcm, at 1
- 3. Marco MARCATO, (ITA) Vacansoleil-Dcm, at 4
- 4. Przemyslaw NIEMIEC, (POL) Lampre-Isd, at 4
- 5. Tiago MACHADO, (POR) Team RadioShack, at 6
- 1. Daniel MARTIN, (Ireland) Garmin-Cervelo, in 23:50:06
- 2. Peter SAGAN, (Slovakia) Liquigas-Cannondale, at 3
- 3. Marco MARCATO, (Italy) Vacansoleil-Dcm, at 3
- 4. Wouter POELS, (Netherlands) Vacansoleil-Dcm, at 17
- 5. Peter KENNAUGH, (Great Britain) Team Sky, at 19