Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
At Cairn Cycles, we see the bike as a tool to get you places you just can’t access by car or train. With the Cairn E-Adventure Limited Rambler Edition, we built upon the success of previous E-Adventure iterations and BRAVe models to create a lighter, faster and even more versatile gravel e-bike, born to explore and designed to open the door to adventures anywhere.
Cairn E-Adventure Rambler Edition key updates and benefits:
• All-new geometry: suspension-ready and more capable
• Lighter weight: 14.3kg total (size medium), making it one of the lightest alloy gravel e-bikes on the market
• Premium build spec: Campagnolo Ekar 13-speed groupset paired with updated Fazua Ride 50 drive system and HUNT x Cairn E-Gravel Disc Wheels
• Refined frame details: reduced weight and improved ride characteristics
• Size Extra Small now available
Frame: 6061-T6 alloy with Top Tube integrated Fazua touch remote
Fork: Full Carbon with Triple Anything mounts on both legs
Wheels: Hunt Gravel X Wide Rim, Hunt E-Gravel Hub, Pillar Triple Butted Spokes.
Tyre: Vittoria Terrano Dry 700 x 38c
Handlebar: Cairn Adventure 20 Degree Flare
Stem: Cairn Adventure 6061-T6
Bartape: Cairn Tacky Gravel 3mm
Crankset: Miranda Delta Alloy w/ 44t Spider
Cassette: Campagnolo Ekar 13 speed, 10-44T
Chain: Campagnolo Ekar 13 Speed
Shifters: Campagnolo Ekar 13 Speed
Rear Mech: Campagnolo Ekar 13 Speed
Brakes: Campagnolo Ekar, hydraulic disc brake levers
Rotors: Campagnolo Ekar 160mm
Saddle: Selle Italia X Base 143mm
Seat post: Cairn Carbon Seat post
Thru Axles: Cairn Alloy Thru Axle w/Removable Bottle Opener Handle
Other: Removeable rear mudguard bridge
Weight 14.3kg (size medium) w/Motor and Battery
• Max tyre clearance: up to 700 x 45c
• Internally routed dropper post
• Fitment Mounts for Full Fenders (Max Tyre 700 x 38c with Fenders)
• Cable ports for front and rear lights
• Fitment Mounts for Rear Rack
• Triple boss ‘anything cage’ mounts on each fork leg
• Triple boss ‘anything cage’ mounts on down tube
Availability and Pricing:
• Pricing: £4,289 / €4,989/ $4,935
• Available for pre-order now for December 2022 delivery at cairncycles.com.
• Test Rides are available from our Partridge Green, UK headquarters.
• Available with 0% Klarna Finance and Cycle scheme in the UK.
- All-New Geometry: We created at bike that captures the adventurous spirit of gravel riding. The Limited Rambler Edition aims to bring the rider more control without losing the lively and responsive feel riders loved from the original E-Adventure bike. The steeper seat tube angle allows for better climbing on rough terrain, giving you a more aggressive attacking position whilst maintaining the all-important rear wheel traction. Combined with the slacker head angle and increased trail, descending characteristics are more predictable, stable and comfortable. For those looking to max out the benefits of these geometry updates, we’ve made the Rambler Edition compatible with suspension gravel forks. Plus we’ve responded to requests from many riders and introduced an extra small size to the E-Adventure range.
- Premium Build: For the Limited Rambler Edition, we continue our partnership with Fazua, offering excellent range that is further bolstered by our Range Extension pack, giving riders the ability to carry multiple batteries for truly off-grid adventures. We have also teamed up with Campagnolo, utilizing the brand-new Ekar 13-speed drivetrain. Combining the widest range of any mechanical gravel-specific groupset on the market with the assistance of the Fazua system, the Cairn E-Adventure Limited Rambler Edition lets you hang up those walking boots because the bike is going to take you all the way to the top, climb after climb. In partnership with Campagnolo, we’ve managed build our Lightest E-Adventure yet. At a Little over 14kg (14.3kg in medium, to be exact), the Rambler Edition is the lightest bike Cairn has ever made, and one of the lightest alloy e-gravel bikes on the market. We continue our work with sister brand HUNT Wheels to offer a specific wheel fit for the rigours for which this bike was designed. The HUNT X Cairn E-Gravel Disc wheels have been developed specifically for the Cairn E-Adventure Rambler Edition and feature a steel axle and increased pawl contact area for a long-lasting hub. The Gravel X Wide rims feature a 25mm-wide internal rim dimension, offering better tyre profiles and allowing for the use of lower pressures to increase traction and comfort. Like all HUNT wheels, the set is 100% tubeless compatible.
- Frame Update Details: Committed to constantly improving bikes for riders at every opportunity, we’ve built on the improvements made to the V2 E-Adventure frame and introduced even more frame renements in the Limited Rambler Edition. To allow more ex in the seat post and create a more comfortable ride, we have further shortened the seat tubes, which has the additional benet of decreasing stand over height in all sizes. We have designed a slimmer forged chain stay yoke prole with smaller tube diameters, which increases vertical compliance whilst maintaining lateral stiffness for pedalling. For riders, these improvements reduce leg and knee fatigue. Finally, we have decreased the down tube prole by roughly 25%, which reduces frame weight while also offering a more compliant front triangle, resulting in a softer ride and less hand fatigue for the riders.