Slippery, technical course gave Brand second World Cup win of the season as she soloed away from Vos, second, and Worst, third.
Evie Richards (Trek Factory Racing) powered through the cold and mud to solo to victory in Namur, Belgium on Sunday at the UCI Cyclocross World Cup.
In a photo essay encompassing the 12-day Christmas period, Dan Seaton details the heart of Belgian cyclocross season
The two American juniors score big in Belgium
- 1. Sven Nys (BEL), Landbouwkrediet, 1:03:04
- 2. Niels Albert (BEL), BKCP-Powerplus, at 0:05
- 3. Klaas Vantornout (BEL), Sunweb-Revor, at 0:21
- 4. Kevin Pauwels (BEL), Sunweb-Revor, at 0:26
- 5. Zdenek Stybar (CZE), Quick Step Cycling Team, at 0:32
- 1. Marianne Vos (NED), Nederland Bloeit, at :36:53
- 2. Lucie Chainel-Lefevre (FRA), at 0:54
- 3. Katherine Compton (USA), Rabobank-Giant Off-Road Team, at 1:11
- 4. Sanne Cant (BEL), Boxx Veldritacademie, at 1:40
- 5. Helen Wyman (GBR), Kona Factory Racing, at 1:44
Sven Nys bounced back from Saturday's DNF to win a two-man battle with Niels Albert and take the lead in the UCI World Cup on Sunday at Namur.
World champion Marianne Vos (Nederland Bloeit) won round four of the UCI World Cup on Sunday in Namur.